ICE™ Technical Help:Phone: (937) 429-3302, ext. 4
Fax: (937) 429-3704
ICE™ Sales and Information:Phone: (937) 429-3302, ext. 5
Fax: (937) 429-3704
For more information, or to schedule a demonstration, please contact:Loran Miller
Phone: (937) 429-3302, ext. 21
Write Us:Frontier Technology, Inc.
4141 Colonel Glenn Highway, Suite 140
Beavercreek, OH 45431
|Home - Products - ICE - Approach|
The ICE™ Approach to Cost Estimation and Determining Return on Investment (ROI)
|ICE™ accomplishes this by estimating life cycle cost as well as estimating the system operating and support cost savings using an automated methodology modeled after the processes and cost models the financial management community uses manually. With the integrated cost models, the user can develop and refine cost estimates for new systems and technologies from the EMD, Production, and through the Operation & Support period of a system’s life cycle. The ICE™ Tool provides a variety of results and benefits including the ability for the user to:|
ICE™ uses a top-level, work breakdown structure (WBS) for the user to define the parameters of the lower-level details of a new concept or technology. This enables the user to indicate changes to major sub-systems identified in the integrated WBS to define a new concept and its estimated cost impact to an existing weapon system. ICE™ uses "wizards" to provide an easy-to-use means to enter the major cost parameters for electrical, mechanical, structural, and software components. Once these descriptive inputs are entered, the integrated parametric models are used to develop costs for electrical, mechanical, and structural components, and for software elements.
- Identify high cost drivers within existing systems that may be an opportunity for investment;
- Provide quick credible Life Cycle Costs (EMD, Production, and O&S) and savings estimates;
- Perform sensitivity analysis on technical issues to show the affect on cost;
- Easily view best value trades to support program justification and "what-if" exercises; and
- Perform ROI comparisons against other non-related technology investments to enable unambiguous identification and justification of the viability of new concepts.